The house and grounds provide the perfect location for groups to enjoy a day out and learn more about Paxton House. Paxton House was recently awarded recognition by Museums Galleries Scotland on behalf of the Scottish Government for their nationally significant collection of William Trotter and Thomas Chippendale furniture, and their associated archives. This wonderful collection is on display throughout the house, it can be viewed on a standard tour and an in depth specialist tour is also available.
From the 5th June to the 28th August, a special Chippendale 300 exhibition will be on show in our dining room, this is free to view and a fantastic addition to a house tour. It will show case some of the key pieces of the Paxton House collection along with loans from private and public collections.
Standard Tour Options
- Group tours are available all year round.
- The group tour requires 12 visitors or above in order to book.
- Guided tours are available to suit your needs.
- It runs for approximately 1 hour and 10 minutes.
This presents the highlights of the collection, the history of the house and its owners and includes the Georgian kitchen.
Specialised Tour Options
- This in-depth tour provides extended coverage of specific topics related to Paxton House.
- Art – including masterpieces from the National Galleries of Scotland in the Picture Gallery.
- Architecture – John and James Adam, and Robert Reid.
- Furniture – Paxton House has one of the largest collections of Thomas Chippendale furniture in the UK and an outstanding collection of William Trotter furniture, Scotland’s most outstanding cabinetmaker. Both collections have recently been recognised as nationally important by Museums Galleries Scotland on behalf of the Scottish Government.
- A specialised tour lasts approximately 90 minutes.
Group Tour Catering
- Catering can be organised for large groups to provide delicious refreshments on your day out.
- Choose from two course lunches, soup and sandwiches, afternoon tea or simple tea and scones.
- Catering can be provided in a separate room for your own exclusive use at no extra cost.
Extra Paxton House Gems
- Boat Trips run up the River Tweed from Paxton House and are a fantastic addition to a group day out. Have a look at our Boat Trips page for information on trip times.
- Paxton House has beautiful grounds and manicured gardens for your group to explore after their tour.
- Throughout the year there are different art exhibitions being displayed in our Hayloft or Regency Gallery. These exhibitions are free for your group to visit.
- The Paxton House shop has some wonderful gifts and merchandise for you to browse throughout the day.
For further information and to book a group tour fill in an enquiry form below and we shall get back to you.
Group Tours Enquiry Form
Really good house tour Allan and Dot, Renfrewshire
I would particularly urge any visitor to undertake a guided tour of the house. Phillip, Barnsley
Our guide engaged all the visitors whose ages ranges from pre-school to late eighties. “Family Trip”