Paxton House is open from 21st March through to 1st November 2015:
- House: 11am – 5pm (last tour 3.30pm)
- Please note, access to the House is by guided tour only.
- Shop & Tearoom: 10am – 5pm (The Tea Room remains open in the Winter, click here for details)
- Grounds & Gardens: 10am – Sunset
- Open to groups/schools all year by appointment.
- 11.00am, 12.30pm, 2.00pm, and 3.30pm (during peak periods additional tour times are available)
Please note that guided tours of the house last approximately one hour and leave from the Regency Gift Shop. We are sorry but only guide dogs are allowed in the house.
House and grounds
- Adult: £7.60
- Concession: £7.00 (Students, Senior Citizens, People with Disabilities, Cyclists)
- Children: Under 16s FREE
- Adult: £4.00
- Children: Under 16s FREE
- Adult Grounds Pass & Boat Trip: £8.50
- Adult House, Grounds & Boat Trip: £12.00
- Concession House, Grounds & Boat Trip: £11.00
- Groups: POA- please see our Group Visits page for more information
- Friends: £20.00 per adult. Friends receive unlimited access to the house and grounds during opening hours, as well as other benefits, click here for full details.
Here at Paxton House we wish to welcome all visitors. We have lift access to the 1st floor of the House, which includes our Picture Gallery and also a lift up to our Hayloft Gallery. Our Courtyard, Tearoom and Gift Shop are all accessible by wheelchair. We have a wheelchair available to use be it for a House Tour or general use around the area. We offer ‘hands on’ tours for people who are blind or partially sighted, where furnishings and fabrics can be touched. Our Picture Gallery has an induction loop in place for people who are deaf or have hearing loss and guides have been trained in communicating with people who are hard of hearing.
Our boat trips are also available for wheelchairs users, just pop into Reception in the Gift Shop for more information and to book your space on the trip.
For any queries regarding accessibility or booking please contact our Reception on 01289 386 291.
How to Get Here
Paxton House is located in the Scottish Borders, just a few miles south-west of Berwick-upon-Tweed, and overlooks the River Tweed. It’s easily accessible by car, train or bus.
Paxton House is easily accessible by car and is signposted three miles from the A1 Berwick-upon-Tweed bypass on the B6461 and from the A697 junction with the B6461.
A fantastic bus service, the No. 32 ‘Hutton Bus’, operates every day except Sunday from Berwick and will take you right to our doorstep from Golden Square or the Railway Station (bus stop opposite back entrance to The Castle Inn).
A fast and reliable train service connects Berwick-upon-Tweed along the east coast mainline and, from there, it’s only three miles to Paxton House.
Our address is:
Helpful for people with physical disabilities Howard, Brighouse
Excellent tour guide made this an A* visit Gillian
Brilliant and informative guides Stephen, Newton Aycliffe