THE HOUSE IS NOW CLOSED – HOUSE TOURS RECCOMMENCE ON THE 18TH MARCH 2017.
We’d like to extend a very warm welcome to all visitors. Paxton House is open from 19th March through to 6th November 2016:
- House: 10am – 5pm (last tour 3.30pm, please check the homepage for any changes in timing)
- Please note, access to the House is by guided tour only.
- Shop & Tearoom: 10am – 5pm (The Tearoom remains open in the Winter, click here for details)
- Grounds & Gardens: 10am – Sunset
- Open to groups/schools all year by appointment.
- 10.30am, 12 Noon 2.00pm, and 3.30pm (during peak periods additional tour times are available)
Please note that guided tours of the house last approximately one hour and leave from the Regency Gift Shop. We are sorry but only guide dogs are allowed in the house. Please check the homepage for any daily changes in times.
Click here to buy your house and grounds tickets online and save 10%!
(Remember to print out or download your confirmation e-mail and show it to the shop to get your 10% off!)
House and grounds
- Adult: £8.50
- Concession: £7.50 (Students, Senior Citizens, People with Disabilities, Cyclists)
- Children: Under 16s FREE
- Seasonal Adult: £5.00
- Day Adult: £3.50
- Children: Under 16s FREE
- Adult Grounds Day Pass & Boat Trip: £9.00
- Adult House, Grounds & Boat Trip: £13.50
- Concession House, Grounds & Boat Trip: £12.50
- Groups: POA- please see our Group Visits page for more information
- Friends: £20.00 per adult. Friends receive unlimited access to the house and grounds during opening hours, as well as other benefits, click here for full details.
There is lift access to the first floor of the House where you will find the beautiful Picture Gallery. There is also a separate lift up to the Hayloft Gallery. Please inform a member of staff if you need to use the lifts. Due to the size of the lift, some modified wheelchairs are too wide to fit safely, please call in advance if you need further information.
The Courtyard, Tearoom and Gift Shop are all accessible by wheelchair and there is a wheelchair available to use for a tour of the house or in the grounds. Please enquire in the Gift Shop for further information.
We offer ‘hands on’ tours for people who are blind or partially sighted, where furnishings and fabrics can be touched and the Picture Gallery has an induction loop in place for people who are deaf or have hearing loss. Our trained guides can assist visitors who are hard of hearing.
For any queries regarding accessibility or booking please contact our Reception on 01289 386 291.
How to Get Here
Paxton House is located in the Scottish Borders, just a few miles west of Berwick-upon-Tweed.
Paxton House is easily accessible by car and is sign posted three miles from the A1 Berwick-upon-Tweed bypass on the B6461 and from the A697 junction with the B6461.
A fantastic bus service, the No. 32 ‘Hutton Bus’, operates every day except Sunday from Berwick and will take you from Golden Square or the Railway Station (bus stop opposite back entrance to The Castle Inn) right to our doorstep.
A fast and reliable train service connects Berwick-upon-Tweed along the east coast mainline. From there, it’s only three miles to Paxton House.
Our address is:
For more information please don’t hesitate to get in touch using our contact form.
Helpful for people with physical disabilities Howard, Brighouse
Excellent tour guide made this an A* visit Gillian
Brilliant and informative guides Stephen, Newton Aycliffe