Paxton is a wonderfully flexible venue, whether you are looking for a film or outdoor location shoot, an architectural backdrop, a wedding venue or to plan a conference or corporate activity day.
Rooms for hire:
- Picture Gallery which can accommodate up to 150 guests.
- The original Dining Room which can accommodate 40 guests.
- The versatile Hayloft which seats 80.
- Several other rooms are available for smaller numbers, including the front hall and the library.
- The house also has its own luxury marquee for up to 200 guests which overlooks the River Tweed.
- Paxton House has a quirky Boathouse for al fresco BBQ’s, accommodating 30 guests.
With the addition of Paxton’s own boats, which are available for trips up the River Tweed, it really is the place to celebrate.
Paxton also has an excellent in-house catering team and there is a new range of menus available for all types of event.
If you are interested in hiring Paxton House for your personal or corporate use, please get in touch with our events co-ordinator using the form on this page.
Contact our events co-ordinator using the form below
Understated Perfection Merlo, Macclesfield
Wonderfully Lovely Mac, Leeds
"Scottish treat" Joanna C
"A lovely place to spend the afternoon." Justine R
"Great boat trip from Paxton house " Claire D
"The very best in the region" Teddie101
A house with a lot of character, and in very good condition. “Excellent tour”
Paxton House has a beautiful interior. “Lovely Day Out”
Called into Paxton house for coffees and cakes - superb! “Wonderful place to go “
Great house the tour was excellent, staff could not be more helpful or friendly. Cafe is a must to visit to. Garden very nice even in November and a good play area to keep the kids happy. “Should be top of the list of places to visit”
Very friendly staff at lovely pace to visit, the grounds are good and the tour of the house very interesting, good kids playground and cafe too. “Worth a look…”