The mission of the Paxton Trust is simple: to preserve, protect and enhance, for public benefit, Paxton House, its collection and the estate in which it stands.
On 17th November 1988, the last laird of Paxton House, John David Home Robertson, gave the country house and its 80 acre estate to the nation for their benefit and enjoyment. The Paxton Trust exists to guide this vision and preserve the Paxton House legacy.
The mission of the Paxton Trust is simple: to preserve, protect and enhance, for public benefit, Paxton House, its collection and the estate in which it stands. The trust’s chief goals are to facilitate and encourage access to and appreciation and study of the collection, to advance the cause of education and social welfare and actively to develop and promote such activities as will best serve these ends.
As the Paxton Trust is a non-profit organisation and recognised charity, all funds are held for charitable purposes and exist to ensure the following:
- The preservation of the mansion house for the public benefit.
- The protection and preservation of the amenities of the estate for the benefit of the public.
- The preservation of furniture, books, works of art etc, as an adjunct for public enjoyment.
- The encouragement of access to and appreciation of Paxton House and its grounds.
- The encouragement of the advancement of education and the interests of social welfare.
There are a number of ways you can support the trust, simple things like visiting the house, coming along to events, using the tea room and buying gifts in the shop make a huge difference.
If you would like to support the trust in a bigger way, you could look at one of the following options:
Become a Friend
Just £20 annual friends membership gives you the following:
- Unlimited access to the grounds, gardens and Paxton House itself for a whole year
- Email newsletters
- 10% discount in the shop and tea room
- 25% discounted admission to paying exhibitions held by National Galleries Scotland on presentations of friends card
Become a Patron
£125 per year
Patrons get all the same benefits as the Friends of Paxton, but this scheme is in place for those of you who wish to give a more philanthropic donation. Becoming a Patron means you can really make a difference to the future of Paxton House.
Please get in touch with us if you wish to become a Patron.
Do you run a business? Would you like your employees to be able to use Paxton free of charge? Then corporate membership is for you.
Please get in touch to find out what different options we have to suit your business.
Understated Perfection Merlo, Macclesfield
Wonderfully Lovely Mac, Leeds
"Scottish treat" Joanna C
"A lovely place to spend the afternoon." Justine R
"Great boat trip from Paxton house " Claire D
"The very best in the region" Teddie101
A house with a lot of character, and in very good condition. “Excellent tour”
Paxton House has a beautiful interior. “Lovely Day Out”
Called into Paxton house for coffees and cakes - superb! “Wonderful place to go “